Big THANKS to:
- Scott Milnthorp and Corey MacIver for setting up and taking down the race course.
- Lesley Berkenstock and Richard Barrass from the Victoria Wheelers for spending their weekend setting up the course and assisting with registration.
- Patrick Burnham, Bruce “on time” Falk and Bruce Tonkin for help with the timing.
- Joe Gard, another lifetime Wheeler, helped out with getting the Cross on the Rock trailer from Nanaimo.
- Karl Ulrich for supporting this from the beginning and providing the resources and hotdogs.
- David Begg and Matt Grossnickle from Cycle Therapy for looking after registration, sponsorship and volunteers.
- Special Mention to Derek Kidd, he originally got this race off the ground back in September.
- Lastly, Shari Paterson from Cowichan Exhibition, who had no idea what cyclocross was all about and trusted us with the keys to facility.
- Oak Bay Bikes – Karl Ulrich
- Cycle Therapy – David and Sandra Beggs
- Live to Play Sports – Steve Pukesh
- Peter Creighton – Cycles Lambert
- Enrico Winery – John Schneider
- Drumroaster Coffee
- Cowichan Cycle – Grant Lestock – Kay
- Cowichan Exhibition Grounds – Shari Paterson
- Cross on the Rock – Normon Thibault
Cowichan Exhibition Grounds:
You’ve probably driven by this location on the way to many cyclocross races up Island. When we originally tried to find a race location, this one stuck out. In the past we have used Shawnigan Lake School, which had an amazing backdrop but CEX was equal. Probably better, they love cyclocross and want us back. We’ve spoken to Normon Thibault about the positives of this location. Hopefully you will get a chance to come and race again in the Cowichan Valley.
One person needs to get mentioned in the results, Parker Bloom. His idea of warming up for a cyclocross race is riding 64km from Victoria. Fortunately he did elect to get a ride home.