The OBB Sunday ride is led by shop ambassador Joe Gard; the ride will focus on gaining fitness and to learning how to ride safely in a group. It begins at 9am at the Oak Bay Bicycles Victoria parking lot, attracting skill levels from the beginner to intermediate category. It is both a recovery ride which means slow for fit riders, and an introduction to group riding for those who do not have experience riding in groups. These rides will run through the winter, but with certain changes. Usually the route will be the one shown below, but dependent upon the weather it may get shortened up, and on wet days riders must have fenders with extensions. Come sunny season (March), this will also be the perfect group for people who are working up to the Tour de Victoria, Ride to Conquer Cancer, or Grand Fondos. Come March 2013, we will be extending incrementally each time, to increase distances to help train for the rides listed above.
Here are the specifics:
- Leaves OBB Victoria’s back parking lot at 9am on Sundays
- Average speeds will slowly increase, but being able to ride 25 km/hr on your own is required (average on flat sections). Be prepared to ride at speeds of 27km/hr-29km/hr in the group setting.
- ~80km route *Will increase in March 2013
- No riders will be dropped
- All rules of the road obeyed
- Road bikes only (tri-bars okay, but no riding on your tri bars in a group)
- Fenders and extensions mandatory on wet days
- Riders are responsible for their own tubes & tools
- Insurance available
Feel free to just show up, but if you have questions you can email email@example.com
View 05-06-2012 9:03 AM in a larger map