OBB Sunday Ride
The OBB Sunday ride is both a recovery ride for some and learn to ride in a group for others. You need some fitness to do this ride but it is not a hard, fast ride. If you are nervous about riding in groups and you want to learn, come and ride with us. An experienced rider will ride beside you and explain how to ride in a group. It is approximately an 80k loop from Oak Bay Bikes Victoria and back. Ride leaves @ 9:00am on Sundays. You should be able to ride at speeds of 25km/hr for a minimum distance of 50k. The average is anywhere from 26 – 30k but this is in a group setting where the draft plays a big role in maintaining pace. If you are unable to maintain the speed for the entire ride, stay with us as long as you, keep working on your fitness, and join us again the following week
Here are the specifics:
- Approximately 80kms
- Leaves Oak Bay Bikes Victoria @ 9:00am
- Stop in Sidney for a washroom break
- Please see our Rules of the Road below
- Road bikes only, tri bars okay if you do not use in them in the group
- Please bring your own spare tubes
- Fenders with extensions are mandatory on wet days
- In good weather some of us extend the ride and that will be explained early on.
- Insurance is available here.
- Feel free to just show up, but if you have questions you can email the ride leader, Joe Gard: [email protected]