Under the BC SCRAP-IT Program you can save up to $400 off the purchase of a new bike (including e-bikes). A 10% discount, up to $100 at the point of sale and the remainder of up to $300 from SCRAP-IT when you purchase your new bike from a Participating Bicycle Retailer (which includes Oak Bay Bicycles).
SCRAP-IT BIKE SPECIFIC POLICIES:
- The 10% (up to $100) point of sale discount provided by the retailer cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer, discount or promotion.
- You must purchase the new bike from a participating bike retailer (listed on our website), and provide a valid receipt for the purchase to us, when submitting a claim. We do not under any circumstances, mail cheques directly to bike retailers. Please ensure you can afford to purchase the bike, (in advance of receiving the incentive) before choosing this option.
- You will be reimbursed UP TO $300 from SCRAP-IT based on the price of the bike you purchase. For example, if you purchase a bike valued at $250, you will receive the 10% discount at the point of sale ($25) and the balance $225 from SCRAP-IT. If you purchase a bike valued at $1,000 you will receive 10% discount at the point of sale ($100) and the balance of $300 from SCRAP-IT for a total possible reimbursement of $400.
- Electric bikes are included in this option.
- The receipt you provide must be an original and cannot be a computer print-out. All receipts will be double-checked to ensure compliance with our program policy.
- We will only issue a cheque when a complete claim has been received.
For information on other SCRAP-IT incentives go to their website.